Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar VIO pressure relief for PTO valve

fast_st ยท 2019-06-11 18:10

So the Yanmar vio70 has a fairly kickass hydraulic system there's a PTO valve that on this machine was set up to run the tilt bucket. I opted to put a thumb on the stick as that'll be something I can use a lot of! Anyway after a small mishap, I went looking on how to reduce the pressure on this PTO circuit. There are quarter turn valves on the boom that are great when changing hoses etc, what a nice feature! On the valve for this function, there seem to be two kinds of inserts, the one I have uses a 6mm allen head bolt, 12mm locknut and when you reduce the tension on the bolt, it must just open a valve bypass, I can use it to limit the max pressure and allow the thumb to collapse back under bucket pressure but it ends up with 0 holding pressure. The parts book calls out two valve inserts 172422-74900 Valve Assy, Relief 172146-74720 Valve Assy, Shutoff I'm guessing I have the shutoff valves Anyone have a good picture of a relief valve? loosening the allen screw drops the pressure and there looks like a small short piston inside that can get pushed back. Logic says the relief would have a screw and a spring in there to adjust the tension versus adjusting the clearance. Calculating area and pressure and spring tension could be done but finding the correct insert would be better.

Replies1
  1. #1fast_st2019-06-12 19:37

    So called the dealer today after much unsuccessful shopping online. They had to call a couple places to find one that's a week away, it seems to be a returnable part in case its what I already have. My thought is that its a simple part and not worth $350 clams. I have a lathe and know my way around making stuff.