Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar Vio20 Safety Pin on Coupler

Gofigger ยท 2010-08-17 09:14

Looking for some details or schematic of the safety pin on the arm of a Vio 20 that prevents the hydraulic coupler from closing and locks in bucket after it is mounted. I repaired the electronics to make the coupler work but it appears my pin may be damaged or not installed correctly previously. Appreciate any help

Replies8
  1. #1Squizzy246B2010-08-17 10:33

    Gofigger, I have knocked a couple off on stumps. I just got one from the dealer...cost a couple of bucks.

  2. #2Gofigger2010-08-17 20:35

    Thanks Squizzy Unfortunately nearest dealer is two provinces away! Should the pin be spring loaded? The pictoral diagram seems to indicate so. Looking for a temporary solution before I can order one in from dealer. It looks like the pin has two shoulders and should set in.

  3. #3upnover2010-08-17 21:05

    The pin is not spring loaded. The pin is machined such that it only fits in one way after you line up a open hole in the piece that rotates, then you rotate the pin 90 degrees and flip the round ring over. There should be a red arrow on the end that should point down toward the bucket. The only thing that is really spring loaded in the round ring that you grip to rotate the pin. It will only flip over easily one way. I have a 35-5 so not sure it is the same as your 20 By the way where in Canada are you located?

  4. #4Gofigger2010-08-18 21:51

    Thanks for the response... Figured the pin has a shoulder but I am missing the ring to pull it out and it does not turn easily when trying to get to the 90 degrees.. I can see the red arrow so will give it another try. I am located in Manitoba and Guertin Equipment is no longer part source. They suggested Martin Equipment in Edmonton. Do you have alternate source in Calgary as that would work better for me Thanks

  5. #5upnover2010-08-19 20:23

    You definately need the ring that helps you to rotate the pin. It should also have some grease on it that will help. I deal with the people at Martin Equipment but you can try the guys at Outwest Equipment 403 235 5222 in Calgary Good Luck

  6. #6Gofigger2010-08-19 23:26

    Thanks for the point in the right direction. Will try them first and if no luck will give Martin a call

  7. #7Gofigger2010-08-25 17:06

    Squizzy - can you confirm the part # for me?? I have contacted dealer in Canada and they have provided me Part #172956-83362... Cost is $50 plus delivery from Japan as no stock available... more than a "couple of bucks" !! Appreciate the help

  8. #8yanmarman2011-07-05 21:48

    Yanmar Parts Dominion Equipment is the best place for yanmar parts