How do you find the year built and model of a Caterpillar 931 Serial number 78U2340? Thanks Donald
That would be a 1975 build, and is the original 931 model (i.e. not a B series).
Thanks
You sure about the SN ? SIS says SN not found
Yes the tag says 78U2340
Deleted duplicate
SIS often does return the " SN not found" for the older machines if you are looking for the "As Built" information. But if you enter that SN in the " https://www.servicemanualpro.com/ " for instance they list a whole range of manuals for that SN.
and that s/n will be a PC engine.
thnx Ken, still learning my way around SIS.
If you just put 78U in SIS it will offer you two options, above and below a certain S/N. No info regarding build date and options is available in SIS for machines of that era.
For all the limitations of SIS one does have to give Cat credit for what they make available on SIS! Try to get information on some equipment from other companies that is say 10 years old and it can be almost impossible! Also I'm still somewhat surprised that I still have access to SIS having retired going on five years ago. I figure I must have just slipped through the cracks at the local dealer or maybe I show up as "active" due to the amount of time I'm on there trying to find information for people on HEF? I know I had a problem with the Sterling Truck site when I was still working. We only had one of those trucks and it was just a truck used to water the haul roads in the quarry. If I got singed up to access information and then went 30 or 45 days without logging in I had to call the dealer and go through a sign up program all over. Being located in Central NY that ruck was parked practically at the first hard frost in the fall and not used till warm weather in spring so every year I would have to go through the same BS!