Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Year of Cat Dozer serial number

kkinker ยท 2013-01-16 11:12

Can anyone give me the year of cat dozer serial # 79U5713 I have a used tractor dealer say it's a 1984 D3B and I am having a hard time beliveing that. I think it's a D3 not a B and not a 1984 thanks

Replies5
  1. #1PAcattech2013-01-16 22:23

    Hi KKinker , you would be correct a 79U serial number D3 is not a B model The serial number you listed was made January 20 1979 it was sold by N C machinery in seattle washington.on June 13 1980

  2. #2mitch5042013-01-16 22:23

    By that serial number, it's a 1979 D3, not a D3B

  3. #3kkinker2013-01-17 07:27

    Thank you very much

  4. #4MATAPA2014-02-11 10:16

    Hey PAcattech..... Could you please tell me what year a CAT DGH_LGP Dozer is with a Serial # 3YG00363.....and any other info this # would indicate? Thanks much!

  5. #5Nige2014-02-11 10:41

    3YG00363 dates from about mid-year 1988. If is still has the original engine the S/N is 8Z44648, transmission 1GT00260.