I have a IHI 7J small excavator with 2 cylinder Isuzu engine that has developed a small leak on both outputs of the injector pump where the lines connect going to the cylinders. The leak seems to quit after the motor warms up. Don’t have a maintenance manual for the machine so need to know what to look out for and what I need to do to remove the ports. I think the ports must have o-rings that are leaking. Will try to attach pictures to show what I’m talking about.
Yes, the orings leak.. Normally they leak under the flange and not the dv holder(where the lines screw to) If u can get a wider shot of the inj pump, I’ll probably be able to walk u thru removal.. I need to see if there’s a panel below the inj pump.. And if/where there’s an electric shut off solenoid.. or if it shuts off with the throttle or a cable.. U can reach me directly at: my screen name at aoldotcom
Thanks for the quick reply. The leak is coming from under the flanges that are held down by the security torx bolts. The lines come out of the center of each flange. The machine turns off when the key is switched off although I don’t see any solenoid at the pump. Hope these pictures help.