Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Your thoughts on the new Case M Series Dozers?

SeaMac ยท 2014-09-17 19:00

It's been some time since I've been here, I suffered a serious on the job knee injury which had me down and out for nearly a year. I'm back behind the controls again just no longer involved in underground utilities, back on a dozer again. The new company I'm with has a Case 650K Series 3 which is actually an extremely well balanced machine just a little on the small side for an upcoming project. The owner has requested that I do some research on Case dozers since he has recently established a good relationship with our local Case dealer. From what research I have done the new M Series seem to be class leaders across the board if one is inclined to believe manufactures advertisement. I'm considering the 850M thru 1650M any of which would be sufficient for the new project with the 1150M and 1650M having more power thus being more productive, all in all it comes down to cost and it ain't my money. In any event it will be prewired for Topcon. Any thoughts, opinions and experiences good, bad and ugly from those who operate, maintain or own? Thanks! Sean

Replies5
  1. #1SeaMac2014-09-18 18:57

    Anybody?

  2. #2Bluetop Man2014-09-21 12:50

    People who use CASE heavy equipment swear by it. On the other hand, I knew a Deere dealer who claimed to have seen CASE and KOMATSU dozers coming off the same Japanese assembly line. Komatsu does not come of favorably in the long run here is SW Louisiana, U.S. Good luck.

  3. #3Dickjr.2014-09-21 13:31

    I read that the new 2050M uses the same 6.7 that's in the 1150 and up. That seems to be light on power , but that's an uneducated opinion , I've never been on one. For a 48000lb machine , it says it 214hp. Also was surprised to read the 850 now sports a 4 cylinder engine. The 6bt was always a strong point to me.

  4. #4precision dirt2014-09-21 15:22

    I own a 650 k that's been a really good machine. A friend of mine that has always had Deere dozers just bought a 1150M 6 months ago or so and loves it.

  5. #5SeaMac2014-09-22 17:53

    Thanks for the replies guys! The M Series engines are Italian made from what I understand no longer Cummins, they have some sort of arrangement with Iveco. The 650K I run is the most balanced small dozer I've ever operated I always hated the CAT D3, darn thing wobbled more than a weeble. The Boss wants to trade it in for a new M, I'm hoping he opts for the 850 or 1150 either would work fine and he agreed to purchase Topcons 3DMC2 which should make it one very productive dozer.