Just looking for a reviews and pro and cons of anybody who owns, operates or has worked on Yuchai excavators and if there worthwhile buying one
they use a Yanmar engine
I have a friend who bought a 5 ton yuchai for cheap. It gets the job done but it has no resale value. If you can get one for next to nothing, it might be worth it. I wouldn't pay list or anything close to dealer asking price for one, though.
what size machine you looking at? Do you have a dealer network in Australia? I have a little YC15 for about 4 years and the machine has been great. I use it for personal use but it hasn't given me any issues other than me breaking things myself on it. It's very strong and gets the job done. I have to contact the factory to get my parts so it takes a little longer but they are good with support.
I owned the yuchai dozer, it was a great machine for it's size. These machines get a bad rap from those that know nothing about them. Kind of like the Ford guy that's never owned a chevy or vice versa. I had a guy argue with me once how bad the yucahi machine was, come to find out he had never even been near one, let alone run one. If your going used just make sure you check it over with a fine tooth comb. I allways get a kick out of the guy that buys used and knocks brand_______because he didn't know enough about buying a used machine. The machine is only going to be as good as the operator and how well it is maintained.
they are a good mini excavator they are one of the biggest mobs in china. the dealer in Bris has sold a lot of them in australia. , but resale is always going to be an issue with new brands. but if i had to get a chinese mini excavator it would be either Sunward or Yuchai
Amen to that! Also there is a lot of ingrained prejudiced bigotry involved that has to be overcome.
There is a dealer network in Australia and i are looking at the YC18-SR for use in plumbing and building site work
http://www.yuchaihi.com/english/products/Proview.asp?ProId=112&Pro=YC18SR