Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yutani excavator info? 120? 140? Year?

mclean ยท 2016-05-01 21:30

Hey, looking at an older mdi/ yutani excavator. S/n YP0468 Can anyone get a year out of that? Will undercarriage parts be easy to find? Pins are worn out. Looks like a nice simple machine. Pilot controls, piston oump, Mitsubishi engine. Doesn't leak too bad. Thanks for anything!

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042016-05-01 22:35

    Mdi yutani became Kobelco A few years ago, before Kobelco in the USA split from CNH and reinvented itself, the MDI Yutani parts were readily available from Kobelco dealers, but the only parts books I ever saw were in Japanese. Once we had all the fun of figuring out just what part we wanted, we'd have it shortly. Now.... I dunno. :beatsme

  2. #2lantraxco2016-05-01 23:29

    Give Feenaughty in Portland a holler 503-282-2566 They carried Yutani after CAT and mitsubishi had an affair so they lost the Mitsi line, and before they took on Kobelco.

  3. #3mclean2016-05-02 12:38

    Thanks. They seemed to be able to look track chains up off that sn .. will see how much $$$$ in a bit.

  4. #4Larry22016-05-02 19:22

    I have a MD120 LC YP0473 it's a 1987, I use the CNH Kobelco web site for part look up ,use the K905ALC then watch for the correct serial # . Get your part numbers and call your local Kobelco dealer.