Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Zaxis zx120 travel speed control

rich12 ยท 2010-02-03 19:16

The speed control is no longer working. I have tried to trace the wires from the switch with no luck. I have been unable to find the location of the solenoid that controls the travel speed. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this unit and a breakdown of the valve body?

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2010-02-03 22:11

    You should be able to follow a hydraulic hose from the swivel back to the solenoid valve. You can check the coil in the valve there. I believe those are a two wire system so one should be hot all the time and the other wire grounds through the computer. Good Luck!

  2. #2360joe2010-02-04 06:01

    I have an EX120-3 on which the travel speed selector stopped working. I don't know if it has anything in common with the Zaxiz regarding the speed selection. The problem developed suddenly and caused the machine to only travel in slow speed. The lights indicating the mid range and high speed selection in the cab would not illuminate when pressing the button to change speeds. I did not bother looking into the problem for months. Anyway, the problem was solved with the easiest fix ever. I suspected dampness in the electrics might be a problem since Ireland is a damp country and the machine is not operated every day or even every week. I put an electric heater in the cab for about 24 hours in the hope of drying out everything. To my great satisfaction, this completely solved the problem.

  3. #3dieselmax2010-02-05 21:41

    Rich12, let me know your e-mail and I will forward schematic and operating principle for you to troubleshoot. Cheers

  4. #4rjv4722012-07-07 09:44

    dieselmax, may i also ask for the schematic of the travel speed of my zx120-2. i am having so much trouble with my machine. please send it to this email ad, [email protected] . my machine is stuck in its hare mode. thanks

  5. #5hitachi daft2012-07-13 15:41

    top of valve block on hyrdraulic tank side 3 soleniods sit in line small tag on cable says s1 pretty sure its the middle one used to unplug to disconnect fast track goodluck