Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Zaxis ZX230LC

excavator ยท 2016-02-12 19:28

My question is two fold, I've been working on a Hitachi ZX230 serial number ARJ410009. The Deere dealer tells me it's a domestic model but when I ordered the only available wiring schematic from Deere the one they sent me was for "up to serial number 010322" which I believe has the prefix HDP. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic for the ARJ serial number? This machine will not shut off with the key switch, the engine RPM's don't drop at all. If I unplug the alternator it will shut off so I had the alternator checked out, in fact had a new regulator and rectifier bridge installed and it didn't change anything. Fuse number 6, power to the ICX and MCX has battery voltage while running but when the key is turned of it only drops to 5 volts until the battery relay clicks off. Also, the throttle motor will occasionally cycle while the key is off. The battery relay does not click on but the throttle motor will cycle once or twice and stop, then it might do it again in 10 or maybe 20 minutes. I've tried several other things and am starting to believe it is the computer causing both issues. I'd be interested to know if anyone else run into similar problems?

Replies9
  1. #1bdiwearparts2016-02-12 20:25
  2. #2Tractorguy2016-02-13 20:48

    We've run into a couple of those and alternator diode went bad causing a backfeed into ignition circuit. When key was turned of voltage was still present.

  3. #3excavator2016-02-13 23:07

    Thanks tractorguy, that's why I disconnected the alternator and ended up having it rebuilt. But it didn't change anything.

  4. #4Tractorguy2016-02-14 13:02

    well the diode would actually be in the harness not in the actual alternator itself. I'll try to look it up next time I'm around a manual.

  5. #5garyw2016-02-14 15:42

    Check diode 2, it should have a RW and a RB wire going to it

  6. #6excavator2016-02-15 12:00

    Unlike the -5 and earlier Hitachi's the Zaxis 230 models do not have diodes in the wiring harness. The only thing I have found are 2 tiny ones up by the monitor and I checked them and they are OK. If I'm wrong I'd sure like to know where they are located.

  7. #7excavator2016-02-15 13:17

    Thanks tractorguy and garyw, you are correct. I took a magnifying glass to the wiring schematic and it does show an inline diode between the ignition switch and the battery relay with Red/White and Red/Black wires. Now I just need to find where it's located.

  8. #8garyw2016-02-16 15:31

    Check the cab harness around the fuse box/satellite terminal. There should be 4 diodes in the harness.

  9. #9excavator2016-02-22 18:37

    Well I checked the inline diodes and a couple of other things with no success. While checking out something on the battery relay I noticed a burned spot on the main harness down behind the batteries where it goes through the frame. After repairing the harness the machine shuts off with the key again. Thanks for the help.