Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

zenith type 33 replacement?

Pd154 · 2026-06-23 17:35

I have a genie boom with a Ford LSG 432 4 cyl. It has a zenith type 33 carb which is damaged so a rebuild won’t do it. I don’t want to spend $1000 on a carb. anyone know of a cheap knockoff that will do it? Linkage doesn’t matter as I just flip the carb to high idle, also electric or manual choke is fine. Thanks for any ideas.

Replies8
  1. #1Tyler d4c2026-06-23 20:31

    https://ebay.io/m/vXEoa1

  2. #2Pd1542026-06-24 01:41

    Thanks Tyler. Buying one for $2000 is an option but probably not the option for me.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2026-06-24 08:29

    When i looked it up it was 400 bucks!! Is that the carb your lookomg for tho?

  4. #4Pd1542026-06-24 13:32

    Yes, that is the carb I am looking for. Probably what happened is that $400 one sold so eBay perhaps autodirects you to another. I appreciate the reply. Thing is, it’s a friends machine, not mine and I would like to fix it for the guy as I have used his machine in the past but I was hoping for one of those $120 Chinese made knock offs.

  5. #5OFF2026-06-24 16:45

    I sent you a message.

  6. #6excavator2026-06-25 11:31

    To me it seems that carb has always been an issue, I've often thought about going to a junk yard and finding a 2 barrel carb and manifold from a 2.3 liter Pinto or Ranger and swapping it over. I'm curious if anyone has ever done this.

  7. #7OFF2026-06-25 20:26

    if you have access to a wrecking yard, collection, or horde that contains 1960's cars, there should be lots of single barrel carburetors on inline 6 cyl. engines. Very simple carbs, should function. The 2V carbs you're thinking of on the Pinto/Mustang/Ranger were never great. (early Rangers were best I think). It would still be interesting to try a 2V though.

  8. #8Pd1542026-07-03 15:20

    Just wanted to give a public thank you to Dave W from Alberta for the good deal on an original Zenith 33 carb, and the prompt delivery!