Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Zettelmeyer zl 22c, or a coyote c22

Shay downey · 2025-05-21 11:40

Okay, so some years ago I acquired what I thought was a coyote c22. Turns out it is, but was made by zettelmeyer, for terex, and rebranded a coyote. Finding any parts has been more than painstaking. Anybody on here have any idea or know anything about them? May sound stupid but I'm looking for the forward and reverse shifter deal on the column. I know it has an f4l912 duetz in it that I did 3 of the 4 head gaskets on. Runs good just can't move it (former crack head I bought it from just used a screwdriver to move it) looks like it is a 3 wire signal stat turn signal? Absolutely any info is appreciated guys.

Replies3
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-05-22 16:31

    Zettelmeyer, there’s a blast from the past !! Finding the identical switch will be a problem .Many backhoes / loaders brands out there use a column mounted 3 wire FNR switch to control their non powershift trans. The mounting clamp on the switch is generally a fixed size so too small of a clamp would be an issue. Just an example of a Deere switch is AT180916 , it’s a 4 wire to also run a horn.

  2. #2Diesel Dave2025-05-22 18:58

    ** Correction, the 4th wire from the FNR is to trigger a neutral start circuit , if applicable.

  3. #3Shay downey2025-05-23 03:30

    Thank you! I will still do some looking, I'm thinking my only option is to use a signal stat 9000 or 9001 which are a 7 wire I think, and only using 3?