Hello guys, This is my first thread here hopefully I am writing in the right forum. I would like to know if somebody has any reviews or experiences with the excavator Zoomlion ZE1250E? Is it any good? Do you think is worth it compared to the Komatsu PC1250? Thanks in advance and best regards,
Can't help with an opinion on that equipment, but welcome to HEF!
Welcome to the HEF! Never heard of that brand. I like the color scheme. That thing looks like a beast.
Oh it is sexy
Maybe a one trick pony. Wouldn't bet my house on it.
Sumting Wong about it. I can’t nail it down. Just a gut feeling.
The voice on that video was an AI voice. Did a couple pretty obvious errors, as stating slewing speed to be 5,5 kilometers per hour instead of 5,5 revolutions per minute. Also the bucket was stated as being a 7,1 to 10 square bucket, omitting the cubic metre or yard There was several other minor errors too. But the digger looks very good indeed
Zoomlion is a Chinese state-owned brand. The factory is in Changsha City, Hunan Province. They used to produce equipment for the concrete industry, such as concrete mixers, concrete pumps, concrete mixer trucks... Then they started producing lifting equipment: tower cranes, crawler cranes, truck cranes... They only recently began producing excavators. We have visited their factory to choose and buy crawler cranes and tower cranes. My personal opinion is very short: 1/- Absolutely cannot be compared with Komatsu. They can't even compare with other Chinese brands like Sany, XCMG... 2/- You should not buy Zoomlion machines. Reasons: The engine is called Cummins, but it is actually a joint venture in Shanghai, and the quality is even worse than the Chinese Weichai engine. The hydraulic pump is a Chinese-made Rexroth knockoff. In general, the quality is terrible, and more importantly, the after-sales service is almost zero.
As always you come through with the goods, @LACHAU Thank you.
Ouch! That was not a good review, for Zoomlion that is.
Go look around at @LACHAU contributions and it makes it all the worse for them.
Lachau has been a regular contributor at HEF, extremely knowledgeable, and generous with his insights and understandings. Pay attention to his words. I do.
The crawler crane we bought from ZoomLion is model ZCC9800W; its lifting capacity is 800 tons. As soon as we received the brand new machine, we had to "REPAIR IT OURSELVES" to use it without any support from ZoomLion, although we contacted ZoomLion many times. You know, they sent staff to Vietnam to support us (to be clear, only one person is very, very young, and his skills are equivalent to an apprentice!!!). Of course, it is obvious that we supported the ZoomLion staff, instead of him supporting us! As for the repair manual, it was so bad that I think they "didn't even compile a repair manual for the technician to repair the machine before rushing to sell the machine to the customer"!!! I kept asking, and I even suggested buying the repair manual; the result was still zero.
Zoomlion is only known for its cranes, and I wouldn't recommend choosing this brand. Their after-sales parts are scarce even in the Chinese market.
what a great searchable thread. Someone can pop in here and find it quick, and learn to run far away based on many first hand reports. @LACHAU I suspect those comments on your photos are describing problems. What a crap show that was. " here is some heavy steel we have arranged in the shape of the crane. It needs a little work now but you got this". Sheesh.
So their cranes also get a fail?
Ain't nothing like having consistent quality.