Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ZX470LC-5B Pump Learning Switch Question

Schrex ยท 2025-01-14 08:43

Hello all. First time post here. We recently picked up a used 470 and we are trying to figure out all of it quirks. The other day we had to change out a blown fuse caused by a faulty alternator and I noticed a 3 position switch above the two fuse blocks. I looked up the switch in the parts catalog and comes up as a pump learning switch. What does this do and should I be worried about an operator being bored and moving this switch? No one has messed with it that I know of. Dealer confirmed that its a 3 way positive switch (Not momentary). Any and all info is greatly appreciated! Have a great day!

Replies3
  1. #1Samarskii_ma2025-01-14 09:00

    Just explain to the operator that this should not be touched) If you need books for this escavator, write in a personal message

  2. #2Diesel Dave2025-01-14 10:24

    Welcome to HEF Schrex . The learn switch is used when adjusting the hydraulic pump angle sensors and in some applications also for engine speed learning. From new ,the switch had a small guard to prevent accidental bumping of the switch. Is the guard still in place ?

  3. #3Schrex2025-01-14 10:35

    Yes guard is in place. That was what got the curiosity gears rolling. Especially not being labeled. We have a small crew so its not uncommon to have an operator attempt to correct an issue on his/her own. Occasionally that happens without consulting me first. (I'm the only tech under about 40 machines.) So I figured I better find out the function just in case.