Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

03 Cat 304 CR Who Made It ?

MTNXTREME800 ยท 2017-09-29 09:55

Curious who makes these machines, I had read somewhere they were made by Mitsubishi, it is Mitsubishi powered but no other Mitsubishi designation anywhere and if you google Mitsubishi excavators, nothing comes up, what's the mystery ?

Replies6
  1. #1f311fr12017-10-01 20:26

    All CAT MINI Ex up to the 308 size are Mitsu. You notice there are no Mitsu new machine dealers?

  2. #2MTNXTREME8002017-10-02 15:32

    Ya I couldn't find even find a Mitsubishi dealer in Japan ?!

  3. #3ih1002017-10-03 15:56

    No they aren't. Several are rebadged Wacker Neuson. When some Cat minis were built in the UK until a few years ago, they took Mitsubishi engines as well.

  4. #4John C.2017-10-03 21:17

    I seem to remember Mitsu and Cat form a joint partnership call Shinn Caterpillar a bunch of years ago. I've heard it is all owned by Caterpillar now days. I think the engineering though is all Japanese. I hadn't heard of the Wacker Neuson machines. That's interesting.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2017-10-04 06:03

    If you want.. get the #'s off the name plate on the inj. pump & I'll tell ya what ENGINE it goes on.. Besides, its ALWAYS GOOD to have that information when trying to get parts..

  6. #6MTNXTREME8002017-10-04 09:16

    The engine says Mitsubishi on it.