Good morning, I just purchased this truck and want to get manuals and info for it. Single axle day cab with 425k miles. Has DD series 60 2DDXH12.7EGL family, Fuller 10 spd. Found a 12.7 service manual and users manual (haven’t pulled the trigger on them yet). Haven’t talked to FL yet but wondering about sources for owner’s manual and also wanted to know if FL has owner-accessible online parts catalog similar to what Deere has for finding illustrations and part numbers. Thanks for any suggestions/info. Darryl
Freightshaker money maker! Knowwhatimsayin? Sounds like a helluva rig. You’ll be able to haul the mail with a rig like that. No emissions, no ELD’s, no problems. Freightliner has a good web-based parts & service info system. You’ll have to ask your dealer for password access. I doubt they will be much assistance to a new customer with one 20 year old truck. Give it a try. FL uses a multi-volume approach to their paper manuals. I bet you could locate a set on Flea-bay.
Appreciate the info. Truck is an “upgrade” for me. Swapping dump box from ‘82 Ford L7000 onto this one. ….Although you now have me thinking of making big money with a mail contract
Your Right in the break area with that engine, DDEC-IV. Late 2002 was the start of DDEC-IV with EGR. A 7EGL is normally non emission, although I have seen the 7EGL with EGR. If it was a 7EGY it would for sure have EGR. Your engine was built in 2002. As far as FL online parts probably not. The engine manual shouldn't be hard to find, expensive new. Probably a 16210C box.
Thanks TS! Found one manual online and need to confirm eng ser # falls into what manual covers. FL did print out info sheet based on vin. It says FRO-14210C. I’m going to see if there’s a tag on tranny.
Because it's a late 12.7L I believe it can be re-rated to a straight 500 hp. You would have to take it to Freightliner they call it in get a ok then change parameters. Normally about $350, but who knows now with the cost hikes. The 12.7 runs pretty good at 500, what you have is one of the top three--- best diesel engines ever built, DDEC 3 and 4's are great engines.
Freightliner does have an online parts lookup, you need to register for an account but its free. I've found the site isn't the easiest to navigate though. This is the link to the registration page. https://dtnacontent-dtna.prd.freigh...leOwnerRegistrationForm/FleetRequestForm.html
I have that at work, but I still call my main FL dealer-it's faster in most cases. Too many times that link is down for some reason.
Good to know, I found it a couple months ago but only have two freightliners in my fleet so I haven't really been on it much.
Good info guys. Thank you! I’ll try the link. I think compared to the CAT 3208 in my Ford, this DD will have plenty of juice as is. Not knowing maintenance history, I think first big task will be having shop run the overhead.