Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

03 isx gear pump fuel leak

Mobilewrench ยท 2023-10-25 22:03

This truck left my yard yesterday morning after dealing with a fuel delivery problem. I don't know how to link to that thread. It was called HeavyEquipmentForums Maybe that's how. Anyway, he called me this afternoon and said he had a fuel leak. When I caught up with him I found the gear fuel pump was leaking from one of the joints.

Replies8
  1. #1Truck Shop2023-10-25 22:09

    This ISX sounds like it's becoming a shop frequent flyer.

  2. #2Mobilewrench2023-10-25 22:21

    I tried to edit the photo to show the drip. But it said the file was too big. Anyway the drip is dead center of the picture above. I am wondering what my options are, is this a quick re seal? Replace the gear pump? Or does it indicate a larger problem?

  3. #3_Weldman_2023-10-26 08:16

    That's the darkest diesel I ever seen.

  4. #4cfherrman2023-10-26 08:53

    Have you seen a 2 stroke Detroit?

  5. #5Mobilewrench2023-10-26 12:28

    Think it is mostly just a shadow. But the fuel comes back to the tank kind of dark.

  6. #6_Weldman_2023-10-26 22:17

    Welp fuel goes in one end of the contraption at low PSI or is sucked in and is pushed out at higher PSI with a gear turning the contraption to build up pressure needed to feed to the next contraption. If it's leaking I surmise it's like a water pump when they start leaking is it's failing.

  7. #7Mobilewrench2023-10-26 23:34

    You lost me with the technical jargon.

  8. #8Mobilewrench2023-10-26 23:36

    Anyway, the client already ordered the pump, so I don't have to make a decision.