Greetings The pilot control towers won't stay locked in place, release lever seem to be functioning smoothly, no roughness when you move the towers back and forth, not sure what to look for. Thanks for any help. Bob
need new shock at base of controls .
Thanks for the help, how do I get at the shock?
overtop of right rear axle. Not an easy spot. Wait till it warms up!!
Thanks, will take your advice about the cold, it's been a long cold winter here.
Replaced gas strut, the one I removed only has full extension the valve does not hold the rod in place when released. However the replacement allowed me to move the contol tower easily a couple of times then it is pushing them towards the front of the machine with full force and they will not stay locked, I removed the new strut and checked the operation and it appears to work ok. Reinstalled it and it worked ok for two or three adjustments then again started applying full pressure to the control towers and they will not lock in place. I checked and lubed the adjusting mechanism and all pieces seem ok ie no noticable wear and moving ok. Am I missing something in adjusting this properly?
Got it. It was all in the adjustment.
what was your adjustment procedure?