Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

04 Deere 310SG, zerk fitting sizes and best place to buy online

Arizona Coast ยท 2015-01-24 11:00

Is there a quality difference in grease fittings? If so, what and where should I be looking for. I have a couple months before I start working for the spring so while I have the down time I'm looking to address service items. What grease are you guys running?

Replies2
  1. #1hosspuller2015-01-24 12:42

    Be aware that the grease fittings could be a combination of metric and SAE sizes. After rounded several bolts & fittings...I wish we would go completely metric.

  2. #2garveymd2015-01-26 12:59

    If the fitting is not damaged, save your money and get a grease joint cleaner. Go to www.northerntool.com enter item number: 403100 to see the tool. I use it with WD40 and clean my Back Hoe fittings. I have yet to find one that I could not clear with this tool.