Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

04 l40b volvo ecu no start

Lorrich · 2024-11-20 06:27

Morning! first things; My name is andrew stegman im from nd and i have been repairing vehicles for a long time. I use a volvo for snow removal and yard maintenance stuff. Thanks for any assistance you can provide I have a problem……. I own a2004 volvo l40b It has the older ecu. Recently my employee was moving equipment and the loader died. I pulled it into my shop and did some investigating. There is a 15 amp fuse to the left side of the ecu that powers the ign switch. It blows as soon as the key is turned on. I took the steering column apart, found a wire that supplies power to the ecu key on. It is circuit 10209 pin 9 on ecu connector 102. This pin is shorted to ground. I have a service manual showing the connection and the circuit but can’t determine if it feeds a component directly or maybe a relay in the ecu. Anyone have experience with these loaders and maybe seen this before?

Replies2
  1. #1sfrs42024-11-20 07:13

    What's your serial number? there are quite a few possibilitys

  2. #2Lorrich2024-11-20 13:02

    L40BD1911819 And it looks like it’s the earlier version of the computer. I don’t think it has the Profet.