Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

05 case 850k pump problem

looneytunes ยท 2023-03-09 18:28

this case dozer has about 7550 hrs on it. The rubber mounts that secure the main pump behind the 5.9 cummins got bad and allowed the pump to move enough to where the main shaft pushed the rear bearing back some and broke the ears that secure the bearing in the pump. The ears where laying in the bottom of the pump along with a table spoon of metal shaving. It appears just the back rotor that got messed up and produced the metal. I took some nickel rod and welded the ears back in place. I feel confident the bearing will sit true enough to work it some before i get rid of it. I rebuild the back half of that brueninghaus hydromatic pump with a new rotor and all new pistons. Does anybody know what i need to do to get the metal out of the system, drive motor, valves, and ect. Dont know anything about the valves. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-03-10 00:24

    Lots of disassembly and flushing unfortunately. I think Cmark had a thread on what was required on hydrostatic Cat track loaders. Many hours labour in cleaning and disassembly in addition to the new parts.

  2. #2looneytunes2023-03-10 07:10

    Okay welder dave ill see if i can find that thread. I sho preciate it. I got the pump together but not in back in the machine. Stabbed together mainly for alignment of component's and rear bearing. I didnt know if it could be flushed and not tore completely apart. Thanks again.