Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Boost pressure Cat D4H

Luke leber ยท 2023-03-09 19:40

What should boost pressure be on a Cat D4H? ( serial # 8PB01287, cat 3204 motor) trying to figure out if the governor is stuck.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2023-03-09 20:36

    Between 7.6 & 8.2 psi with all systems at normal ooperating temperature and the torque converter stalled against the brakes with the transmission in 3rd speed.

  2. #2Luke leber2023-03-10 23:06

    Thanks for the knowledge. I know that the d4h , 3204 is not a high power machine but I just think it should have more power than it does. Any other places I should look? I have been through the entire fuel system and new turbo.

  3. #3John C.2023-03-11 13:13

    Will it spin the tracks in first gear?

  4. #4Luke leber2023-03-18 16:27

    Yes it does

  5. #5John C.2023-03-18 23:31

    Sounds like you are getting plenty of boost then.