Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

05 Caterpillar 277B Aux Hydraulic Malfunction

Iggys6 ยท 2017-04-13 19:53

Hi I have a 2005 cat 277b. Last time I used the aux hydraulics were about a month ago. I was using my grapple to move a few logs around. I just bought a new brush hog so I began to use it this morning, It worked for about 5 seconds and then stopped, I tried to go the other way on the thumb and the same thing happened. Now when I try again nothing happens, I tried to press the continuous flow button below the horn button and do not hear any relays. So far I am at the point to where I hooked the grapple back up and now it moves it just a little and then completely stops, I have to turn off and turn back on the machine to get it to move a little again. So now I have a grapple that will not even work and I am assuming my continuous flow is not working. I am hoping someone on here could help with this issue. Thanks in advance

Replies11
  1. #1DIYDAVE2017-04-13 21:06

    First thing I'd check is the couplers, to make sure they are both seated. Then move on to the solenoid that activates the **...

  2. #2Iggys62017-04-14 13:59

    Both couplers are seated. What solenoid activates the **? I checked the closest one near the right joy stick under the cab and I get 1.8-2ohms testing it which I believe is good

  3. #3Mark2502017-04-14 17:37

    serial number please. do you standard, high flow or xps Mark

  4. #4Iggys62017-04-14 17:59

    Standard flow model, serial number CAT0277BEMDH02115

  5. #5Mark2502017-04-15 06:35

    hi Iggys6 this is the same machine you had water ingress to the ECMs. is it possible you still have issues in this area .why I say this is because the aux hydraulic ECM controls the A1 and A2 flow to your Aux Hydraulics . As Above I would also recheck your couplers. your brush hog may have had crap in the lines which has now got into your machine Mark

  6. #6Iggys62017-04-15 14:44

    Yes correct. Sadly this machine has been a nightmare. I pulled apart the aux ecu just now and there was some oil somehow in where the connector plugs into the aux ecu so I cleaned out everything and split the ecu and cleaned that out also. now it is back together and I still have the same problems. I hooked up to my grapple and it still only moves very little and then stops almost like a safety valve is kicking in. I checked the connectors and they seem like they are working as the grapple was nice and easy to hook up. Any chance there is a problem with a solenoid? Also I still press the button under the horn for constant flow and I do not hear that relay clicking. Thanks

  7. #7Iggys62017-04-15 14:54

    Also I checked the resistance from the button under the horn to make sure it is working and it is I get approx 2 ohms

  8. #8Iggys62017-04-15 16:13

    What resistance should the aux hydraulic solenoids have when I test them. A1 and A2?

  9. #9Mark2502017-04-15 19:32

    2.2ohms +/- .2 ohms

  10. #10Iggys62017-04-16 09:46

    Ok yea that is what I am getting for them. What else should I check? I just replaced the right joy stick a couple months ago so I think I'm ruling that out for the aux hydraulic fault

  11. #11Iggys62017-04-24 13:26

    Mark, I am still having this problem. What are the chances it's the aux edu? Is there a way I can test it? Thanks so much for your help so far.