Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 751 float position not working

dae06 ยท 2017-04-11 15:23

Hey guys, This is a "new-to-me" Bobcat 751. I was going to try floating the lift arm to back drag a driveway. I cannot get float to engage. What should I be looking for and where do I start? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Welder Dave2017-04-12 00:41

    Does it engage with a foot pedal? I don't have a Bobcat but on mine you have to make a really direct bump with your toes on the top of the pedal to get float to kick in. Could also check and make sure there's no dirt or sticks blocking the linkage.

  2. #2squidrig2017-04-13 07:21

    Does it float if you hold pressure on the pedal? Sometimes the ball detent won't hold from wear or worn or bent linkage. Personally I don't like the float for backdragging tends to leave a wavy finish.