Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

05 Mack CHN613 day cab tractor Good / bad ?

Geodrill ยท 2019-11-05 08:49

Loaded question I know. It always depend on how it was taken care of. Speaking of which, I am amazed at how few used trucks for sale have any maintenance records at all. 2005 Mack CHN613, AC427 Engine, 527,000 miles, Eaton 10 spd, 4.17 gears, 12,000 lb front, 19,000 lbs rears tandem axles, wet line kit, new tires (look like retreads). They are asking $28,500. I havent looked at in person yet. I am getting the vin number to run by the dealer. Do these trucks have EGR problems? The same dealer also has some 2007, 2009, and 2012's. Is the 2007 or 2012 a better year for MACK? I have been avoiding the 2007 to 2011 trucks in general. We will be pulling a 38' trailer with a drill. Weight of trailer and drill is 38,000 lbs. We are short hauls typically 50 mile radius or less. Occasional 150 mile radius.

Replies3
  1. #1jhark1232019-11-05 09:23

    following

  2. #2funwithfuel2019-11-06 06:38

    I Don't recall those having EGR. I believe it was just Tier III . They were equipped with DOC exhaust I believe on some .

  3. #3DMiller2019-11-10 13:45

    Most that have the chassis are satisfied with them. Know of one fella that has issue with the Size of Glass on the cab, not as bad as Frt Shakers for the public Seeing ALL that is going on inside but enough to need sunscreen in winter.