Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Isuzu 10PE1 questions

Fonsicul · 2019-11-08 01:46

Hi, i am new to the forums. Does anyone have information on the following? 1. A compression tester that will work on 10PE1 2. Where to download the repair manual? (I have asked Isuzu but they do not sell these) 3. Compression ranges when doing a compression test 4. Any tips on this engine. Most of our truck units have 10PE1 engine and I can not find any information about it as these are old models. Thank you.

Replies8
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-11-08 11:54

    I googled "Isuzu 10PE1 engine" & found the shop manual download for 23.00us on TRADEBIT

  2. #2Fonsicul2023-01-29 17:53

    I was able to buy the manual. It says i need this adaptor to do a compression test. But can't find any at the moment. Any leads on where to buy this? Compression gauge adaptor - 1-8531-7002-0 Or 5-8531-7001-0

  3. #3thepumpguysc2023-01-29 18:23

    Can u post a pic of the actual injector.??

  4. #4thepumpguysc2023-01-29 18:25

    Idk how much your willing to spend but u could buy an injector or a core and gut it..& braze up the return.. I’ve done that for different engines.

  5. #5Birken Vogt2023-01-29 20:22

    I have a kit like this and so far have been able to adapt it to what I need. No idea what injector is in the 10PE1, that is not a model that appears this side of the pond. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3539524952...ufJJXwBuDeqVjk3GDkpGwE6gmA==|tkp:BFBMmp_cg8Bh

  6. #6Fonsicul2023-01-30 00:50

    I have spare injectors. Would it be better to have a machine shop fabricate an adaptor based on the injector dimensions? And would it be better to test using the injector holes instead of glow plug holes?

  7. #7Birken Vogt2023-01-30 11:15

    I would think it would be a lot easier to remove a glow plug and install an air fitting than to remove an injector. It does not matter where the air comes from just so long as it gets in the cylinder.

  8. #8thepumpguysc2023-01-30 16:55

    Glow plugs are usually much easier..