Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

06 262c driving issues please help

mj burns · 2025-08-21 15:11

hello I have a 2006 cat 262c serial # mst01071 So here is the issue I am having. it will drive fine at normal speed but then dies down to a crawl. it happens at all rpms high and low. the engine does not stall or reduce power when this happens. I changed the fluid and put a new OEM filter on, and the problem still occurs.​

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2025-08-21 15:32

    From memory it will most likely require a throttle position sensor (TPS) recalibration to start with. To carry out that procedure will require Cat ET diagnostic software. Question: Does the panel in the upper RH corner of the cab look like this...?

  2. #2mj burns2025-08-21 17:10

    thanks nige for responding i have read all old posts and you seem very knowledgeable

  3. #3Nige2025-08-21 17:19

    Bugger. You have the only panel that cannot be used to access diagnostics. Back to ET as the only option I’m afraid.

  4. #4mj burns2025-08-21 17:49

    sorry new to this lingo what is et

  5. #5heymccall2025-08-21 18:03

    Caterpillar "Electronic Technician". Caterpillar ET is the software (and hardware) interface used to connect, diagnose, and adjust the electronics in Caterpillar machines.