Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 257B3-all warning lights on

rob194 · 2025-08-21 11:28

Hello, I have a CAT 257B3 (Serial Number: B7H01831), and I’m experiencing an issue where all of the warning lights are illuminated constantly. The machine starts, runs for about 8 seconds, and then shuts off. It will restart, but the same thing happens again. While it's running, the engine sounds normal with no unusual noises. Can you help me determine what might be causing this issue or what steps I should take next?

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-08-21 12:44

    Unfortunately your particular model doesn’t have much if anything in the way of onboard diagnostics. I fear that you are going to have to call someone with Cat ET diagnostic software to hook up to the machine and read whatever Codes there might be.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-08-22 09:07

    Is it possible that one of the warning lights is correct and that you have a low level or pressure and it’s shutting the motor down for a good reason? Or one of the sensors, for one of the warning lights is bad or the wiring to one is bad?

  3. #3rob1942025-08-22 16:07

    Thanks for the help. It is actually a short on the "lamp assembly" warning light board. Replaced board and all is working.