Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

06 Takeuchi TB175 No Start

GM Mastertech · 2024-08-04 13:52

Hello all! I am new here so bear with me, but I need help. My sons TB175 would not start and was precariously perched on a cliff edge, I suspected fuel cut off solenoid, I removed solenoid, and it started, and we drove it down to a safe place to work on it. I poked my finger in the solenoid hole to shut it down. solenoid has 3 wires, black, red and white with a blue tracer "white" from now on. resistance from black to red is 1.8 ohm, black to white is 39.8 ohm, when I depressed the pintle it was firm with squishy sound, I put pintle facing down on workbench and worked the plunger until oil was out, now it presses very easy. The black wire is ground and good, red wire has constant voltage any time key is on, I can never get a voltage signal to the white wire and the Takeuchi Service manual has a wire diagram that shows the white wire going to the instrument cluster with no explanation. The man never says anything about a fuel shut off solenoid nor any test procedure! I don't know if I have a bad solenoid "doesn't appear that way to me" or a control issue. Could anyone enlighten me as to how it works? What the white/blue wire does? or how to test the solenoid itself? Just a side note: I am a career life long GM Mastertech, if you have questions about your car or truck, gas or diesel, I can help. Thanks so much for any help!

Replies6
  1. #1thepumpguysc2024-08-04 15:54

    Black is (-) ground White is pull-in for starting (hi amp) Red is hold or run. (Low amp)

  2. #2heymccall2024-08-04 16:36

    Red is hold position, 12v so long as key is in RUN. White is pull-in, and is is 12v only while cranking. Plug in solenoid (do not mount). Turn key to RUN. Depress solenoid plunger fully. It should stay depressed until key is OFF. This is what the red wire does, holds the plunger depressed. Now, turn key to CRANK and the plunger should self retract. This is what the white wire does, and it only does it for a short duration.

  3. #3GM Mastertech2024-08-06 16:11

    First of all a big Thanks for the assistance, I did as instructed... red will hold until key is turned off, but the pintle will not retract on it's own at crank. Took solenoid in shop put jump wires to black and red then flashed a small screwdriver across red to white and pintle retracts and stays until key off. I either have a control issue or wire issue, so I'm back to, where does the white wire go? what or who is in charge of powering the white wire at crank. I eagerly await your response, and thanks again!

  4. #4GM Mastertech2024-08-15 21:01

    still having starting issues with this unit, as prev. discussed I have no signal to white wire to pull pintle in for start. Tak. wiring just shows that wire going to instrument cluster with no explanation. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2024-08-15 21:12

    Can u run a jumper wire to the starter.?? The white “Pull In” coil requires a lot of amps to pull the center in.. just make sure u have the correct voltage.. 12v starter/12v solenoid..

  6. #6rbrown2252024-08-20 20:07

    Some of the control box behind the seat went out on mine and I lost throttle control. Ended up bypassing the control box and created my own circuits. Might be something to think about doing for yours. Nothing against FMI in Spokane, they are good on a lot of things but deep electronics ( at least on older machines) is not their strong point. Also double check if your machine is 12 or 24 Volts.