So I have a tired backhoe that I got for 4 grand after a guy I worked with called me. He wore through the lower kingpin seat on the front axle. I bought just the axle housing to do a swap and keep it for a plow machine/backup. I still have to pull the driveshaft, tie rods need to come off the steering cylinder so I can unbolt it and slide it out? I think? Does the pin holding the axle come out the front. It probably has to from the looks of it. I’ll take pictures I’ll have questions when it comes to getting the ring and pinion out and such. If anyone’s done this feel free to drop some knowledge.
So I have the front axle about ready to drop. Got the planetarys off, axle shafts out, driveshaft cage and driveshaft. One of the shafts were bent probably from when the kingpin let go. Does anyone have one lying around? I’m in Taunton mass I haven’t really checked broken tractor much yet I have time to wait so if anyone has one they can part with let me know other than that it all looks pretty good. I’m going to pull the oil pan because the gaskets leaking. I’m excited to see if I find anything on a 10k hour machine.
Front axles in the shed gonna take its guts if they are good and swap into a new housing. I don’t know how to get the steering cylinder out of differential cover it’s blocking 3 bolts to pull the cover. Is it a matter of me not beating it up enough? If it just slides out like I think it does then I know I have to pull the hydraulic fitting out on the round side? Any advice?
They are always tight to remove. Paint, rust, dirt, create havoc with this design. Yes, the fitting on the round end has to come out, & then the cylinder is supposed to just 'slide' out of the housing.......
Hmm sounds like I need a bigger hammer and a big pipe wrench. Maybe I can get it to spin a little
Does anyone know what the diff cover is made out of? Will it expand a little if I heat it up? The cylinder tube doesn’t take much of a beating
I got the tube out. A little heat did the trick now I need to order some seals and I’ll be putting it back together. It would be really sweet if anyone had an axle shaft they could part with. I seen one online for 633 and that’s a bit more than I’d really want to spend.
Forgot a picture