Ok so I'm new to this so bear with me. I have an 07 Cat D6R xl series 3 with the c-9. The problem that I'm having is it seems to be getting over full on engine oil somehow. Hydraulics, and transmission are full. The engine oil doesn't smell like fuel and it's clean and no indication of antifreeze. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!
Run an oil sample
watch your trans oil level closely. I had an old d7g do the same thing. turned out it was the rear main seal letting torque oil in to the engine. your trans/torque oil is most likely 30w oil so it is compatible with engine oil.
Send in an oil sample will help. Can loosen oil plug to check for coolant when it's been sitting. Fuel will thin the oil out and can smelled at fill tube if it's overfilling enough. Could also be hydraulic or trans oil harder to find. How quickly is it overfilling? Oil sampling will probably be the best place to start if it's not over filling quickly.
That was the first thing I thought since the engine oil is staying clean but the guys at the dealership say that's impossible.
It's two weeks of waiting on an oil sample now. I sent it in yesterday
UV dye is probably the easiest and fastest way to check fluid transfer. If it isn't coolant it is either diesel fuel or trans oil, hydraulics can't transfer into the engine on your machine. Take a 5 gallon bucket, fill it with diesel, put some uv dye in the diesel, put your fuel supply and return into the bucket. Remove the valve cover and start the machine, shine the uv light around all the injectors and watch for a neon trail. If it isn't an injector it could be the fuel transfer pump, if the engine oil doesn't turn neon with a uv light it will be trans oil.