Inventory – Equipment Unlimited Inc. equipmentunlimitedinc.com Anyone have any experience with these guys? My dad is looking at buying a machine from them.
Inventory pictures are not at the address on the web site, who knows. Is he looking at the machine, or just on line? Is the price too good to believe? Joe H
I would stay away from this dealer. I would stick with a Dealer that is an authorized dealer of brand name heavy equipment (Not just farm tractors and implements), but is like a dealer for Kubota, Cat, deere, etc and who has the equipment he is looking at, as Joe H says onsite. I would also maybe look at United Rentals or Herc if buying sight unseen. He may need to look out of State. Have him also post images of the item, serial number, hours, service records, asking price etc.
Prices seem unrealistically low. If that's what late model 20teen 289D's are going for I'll keep my 279's. 2018 278D with 2623 listed for $29,965. Quick search of 289D's with 2k to 3K hours on the clock. Average the retail price w/o high and low and the auction w/o high and low and it's $44,848. Considerable difference than $30K for the one they have listed. Scam level - ELEVATED. YMMV.
As I said, is the price too good to believe? Unless you want to believe, that's how scams work. Joe H
Modern day scammers, who are not even in the US now create full web sites, steal images, offer low prices, don't have the inventory, make up a location, and US phone number, and then want a deposit. I like the web site Machinery Trader, but you still have to do heavy research on the seller. Pick a brand and model machine you like, then do searches for used ones.
2015 Komatsu PC170LC-10 equipmentunlimitedinc.com
I'm not sure about this. There are hills to the east in Missouri, that matches the pics and the map. The yard has obviously changed, but if I look my house up in street view on Go0gle earth, it's a pic from at least 14 years ago, so I don't know. I told my dad that if he doesn't drive down there and look at it before buying, I'm not going to answer my phone for him for the next year. The place is offering a 6 month warranty, and 2 week free return for this machine if he's not satisfied. He has it in writing........
"goverment", "agroculture" caveat emptor!!!!!!! run forest run
Google maps shows this as the address that on their website. What map do you have? Where is that machine located? That's not even close to a legit price https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/for-sale/komatsu/pc170-lc-10/excavators/1031 Dad's about to get XXXX out of a whole bunch of money, go hit him in the head. Joe H Profanity edited out by moderator. Guys, don't do that, please.
Yes, I see the same street view, but, like I said, the street view for my house is about 14 years old. It's still from before I bought it, still shows the previous owner's car in the driveway, and we bought the house in 2012.
Now you're doing the same thing your father is, justifying something you know isn't possible. A machine as nice as the one in those pictures is not going to sell for 2/3 of what others are. Where is it? Go look at it and then you'll know who owns it and more importantly, who doesn't own it. Joe H
I'm not trying to justify it. My old man is convinced it's legit, and I'm trying to make him realize that he HAS to drive down there and look at it in person. I just got off the phone with him, and he says they sent him all kinds of info. Oklahoma dealer license, corporate info, tax id, whatever. The last thing he was sending me were the reviews you can find, for crying out loud. I just told him, I could go on there right now and post a review, lol. https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...979642!4d-94.7237066!16s/g/12623ywxb?hl=en-US A review on Google means absolutely nothing. Less than nothing.
That looks like a logging machine in the background. I don't know much about Oklahoma, or logging for that matter, but I never though of Oklahoma as having a timber industry. Maybe in the eastern part of the state? That said, the video looked good.........it would be worth the trip to go see it I think.
This place is like 10 miles from the Oklahoma/Missouri/Arkansas corner
i looked thru the pics and saw mountains in the background. I thought "idaho"? Then there is the building with the modern machinery logo. Sure enough they are in MT, ID etc. Used Equipment | Modern Machinery Modern Machinery has provided used equipment to the construction, mining, and forestry industries for over 75 years. www.modernmachinery.com Is your dad going to go to Ok or MT to see this great deal?
Haha
Yep - They aren't even trying hard on the scam. Shimmy my Dad is a tight wad too and the internet is sometimes too much of a temptation. Once he found a 4 piece Milwaukee 18V set for $79 or some ridiculously cheap amount. He was telling me after the fact about it and I said - "You didn't order it did you?". He goes no my wife told me not too, she thought it was a scam. Me - "It's a scam pop." Have you shown him this thread?
A guy near us trusted a seller in Minnesota last year I told him he needed to go look at it but he sent them the money. He is 45000 poorer now. What's your dad's number I'll straighten him out fer ya
Well- the description says Hi-Flow but the badging doesn't bear that out. FWIW- That Co. shows up in a lot of Google search with Manta, D&B, etc. D&B says started 2003. Seems legit from that respects. But as mentioned the 289D seems cheap.
Why is it by appointment only to go look at the equipment? Most legit dealers have equipment on display so prospective customers will see it and stop in to enquire about it.
Would you buy a snow plow in Alabama? Million dollar scam bilking those seeking heavy equipment Carl Bates with the Better Business Bureau said the scam has probably netted between $2 million and $3 million in the last six weeks. www.al.com
The more you look at their web site, the more entertaining it is. Note - No signage on the road. Google sky view shows a different business name of Tractor World. A few highlights 1. Starts off with what is clearly a Deere video, but they are not a Deere Dealer 2. On the Equipment categories, the icon does not match the type of machine, and machines are not vehicles. For such a big company they only list 18 "vehicles" 3. But they are such a big Company they sell Industrial equipment! Sadly they are out of stock on everything. Agriculture is spelled wrong 4. You can shop over 12 brands, even though when you hit the icon they have nothing in stock. 5. On Inventory search you can go to "condition" which is brand names, "Excavators" which is body type, and listing type - items for sale. 6. In the testimonial section, one buyer says that the sale staff is "charming". That must be local language in OK. 7. The Sales Team (four of them), are important business people and wear fancy clothes. That's why you need an appointment. I suggest you dress up if you go there. This is a serious place. 8. In the Core value section they are clearly a Komatsu dealer with "Robust" selection etc. and A lot of offers on-site, trusted by a community. Maintain your unit to stay safe on the road Before we get ahead, we want to welcome you to Equipment Unlimited Inc. At the same time, nothing can replace thing on-the-lot experience.
This just keeps getting better and better........ 2015 Komatsu PC170LC-10 - heavy equipment - by dealer - sale - craigslist 2015 KOMATSU PC170LC-10 Call Sales at ext 50 or text 50 to for full details Equipment Unlimited Inc. $51,300 Description Year 2015, Manufacturer Komatsu, Model PC170LC-10, Condition Used, Hours... boise.craigslist.org Posted on Boise, ID Craigslist
2015 Komatsu PC170LC-10 - heavy equipment - by dealer - sale - craigslist 2015 KOMATSU PC170LC-10 Call Sales at ext 44 or text 44 to for full details Equipment Unlimited Inc. $51,300 Description Year 2015, Manufacturer Komatsu, Model PC170LC-10, Condition Used, Hours... sfbay.craigslist.org 2015 Komatsu PC170LC-10 - heavy equipment - by dealer - sale - craigslist 2015 KOMATSU PC170LC-10 Call Sales at ext 8 or text 8 to for full details Equipment Unlimited Inc. $51,300 Description Year 2015, Manufacturer Komatsu, Model PC170LC-10, Condition Used, Hours 3,303,... chicago.craigslist.org 2015 Komatsu PC170LC-10 - heavy equipment - by dealer - sale - craigslist 2015 KOMATSU PC170LC-10 Call Sales at ext 281 or text 281 to for full details Equipment Unlimited Inc. $51,300 Description Year 2015, Manufacturer Komatsu, Model PC170LC-10, Condition Used, Hours... portland.craigslist.org 2015 Komatsu PC170LC-10 - heavy equipment - by dealer - sale - craigslist 2015 KOMATSU PC170LC-10 Call Sales at ext 10 or text 10 to for full details Equipment Unlimited Inc. $51,300 Description Year 2015, Manufacturer Komatsu, Model PC170LC-10, Condition Used, Hours... denver.craigslist.org 2015 Komatsu PC170LC-10 - heavy equipment - by dealer - sale - craigslist 2015 KOMATSU PC170LC-10 Call Sales at ext 45 or text 45 to for full details Equipment Unlimited Inc. $51,300 Description Year 2015, Manufacturer Komatsu, Model PC170LC-10, Condition Used, Hours... billings.craigslist.org 2015 Komatsu PC170LC-10 - heavy equipment - by dealer - sale - craigslist 2015 KOMATSU PC170LC-10 Call Sales at ext 12 or text 12 to for full details Equipment Unlimited Inc. $51,300 Description Year 2015, Manufacturer Komatsu, Model PC170LC-10, Condition Used, Hours... lasvegas.craigslist.org 2015 Komatsu PC170LC-10 - heavy equipment - by dealer - sale - craigslist 2015 KOMATSU PC170LC-10 Call Sales at ext 49 or text 49 to for full details Equipment Unlimited Inc. $51,300 Description Year 2015, Manufacturer Komatsu, Model PC170LC-10, Condition Used, Hours... wyoming.craigslist.org 2015 Komatsu PC170LC-10 - heavy equipment - by dealer - sale - craigslist 2015 KOMATSU PC170LC-10 Call Sales at ext 46 or text 46 to for full details Equipment Unlimited Inc. $51,300 Description Year 2015, Manufacturer Komatsu, Model PC170LC-10, Condition Used, Hours... columbus.craigslist.org
So, I know I shouldn't have called the number on the craigslist ad, but I did.......Got a text 10 minutes later, with this response...... I'm wondering now......
Boy oh boy, did this thread stir up a **** STORM. Update later tonight.......
Give his number to every telemarketer there is
Search for that number turns up this, another 100 ads for equipment. (918) 612-5567 at DuckDuckGo DuckDuckGo. Privacy, Simplified. duckduckgo.com Joe H
Wow. Give me 5 of these......
Hmm nice guy
So @Shimmy1 , does your dad believe it's a scam now? And what the heck did you say in your phone call to get that reply back?!
The picture I posted is everything. He texted hello, I asked who is this, and that was the response. I literally never even talked to the guy. I called the Craigslist number, and left a simple message saying I was interested in the Komatsu excavator and to please give me a call. I am not exactly pleased that he connected my number to my posting here on HEF. After Joe H posted all those scam Craigslist ads, that's when he texted me.
Just spitballing here….after some bs threats like that we could have a lot of fun on CL knocking off his ads and making people aware of this shady crap. Dude ain’t even from here I’d wager.
Facebook is same, ad after ad for duct cleaning, car detailing, have to move so giving away all my stuff, make $300 a day cleaning apartments. Day after day ad after ad,scams. And a few legitimate ads sprinkled in between. Joe H
What's it take to knock a Craigslist ad down?
This thread has pushed a lot of hits to their website so it wasn't hard to narrow down a suspicious text (in their view) like yours and make an assumption. When these scammers get caught their English as a second language degrades rapidly and they expose themselves.
I never texted him though. All I did was try and call the number on Craigslist, and left a message. But, I'm sure my name came up on caller id, and there you go. My dad is getting the same barrage of texts and calls.
At the top there’s a little flag, you can use it to call their attention to the add as a scam or whatever. If enough people track down their ads and flag them it’ll at least get them off CL. I think there’s more to it, I’ll dig a little deeper.
Wow, sorry to hear it went that way. Is he following up with his promise to spam call/text your phone? I don't get the desire for people to want to scam other people. Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you. I learned that lesson in Kindergarten. It's so simple, yet people seem to think it need not apply to them. Best wishes Shimmy, I hope this doesn't become some horroble thorn in your side.
Think equipment is bad---scam motorcycle listings are massive.
Damn, I guess I haven't updated on that front yet. Absolutely, about 10 minutes after he said I'd be sorry, the short call texts started. About 4 a minute for an hour straight. I called Verizon immediately, and they set me up with the advanced spam blocker. That stopped the spam calls virtually immediately. The texts were a little harder, texting STOP to each one stopped about half, reporting them all as a spammer stopped about 90% of them, then I resorted to calling them, and blocking them thru the call blocker, and as of now I've gotten a couple from a blocked Instacart number, but that's it. My dad is getting the same crap, and he didn't even call the Craigslist number.
Well, I guess you successfully convinced your dad not to buy the machine sigh unseen . . .
No ****.
How do you know he's talking about hef? Could be a different site
Maybe, but I don't think so. I did ask over on Agtalk, but didn't really get much action. When the **** hit the fan was when Joe H posted all those links to the Craigslist ads that were identical. Like 8 minutes later I got the text that started it all, as you can see on the pic I posted. Then, there were waves after I was getting the texts slowed down, the biggest one came after Joe posted that link with the number from the Craigslist ad. That one got me about 60 texts in about 5 minutes hahaha.
Maybe the 1st clue is in the name, Equipment UNlimited Inc.
Some of you might find this interesting. These are pictures of the "sales team" from the Equipment Unlimited website. A G00gle lens search produces these results...... Philip Barry T.p.i. - Inspection en Bâtiment du Québec | LinkedIn Service d'inspection depuis 1995
Membre agréé à l'AIBQ
Services offerts :
°… · Experience: Inspection en Bâtiment du Québec · Education: Université de Montréal - Ecole polytechnique de Montréal · Location: Delson · 124 connections on LinkedIn. View Philip Barry T.p.i.’s profile on... ca.linkedin.com Daena Allen-Noxon, REALTOR®, The Daena Allen-Noxon Team | Sotheby's International Realty Canada Daena has been a consistent top producer and award winner with a sterling reputation established over 30+ years in the real estate industry specializing in Toronto, King and Caledon Real Estate & Luxury Real Estate Markets. Daena and her award winning team have consistently been ranked among the... sothebysrealty.ca https://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/associate/180-a-df1801111452107401/ryan-barnes
Looks like the lies coming through his mouth have taken out his lower teeth.
And finally..... More Sotheby Realty connection.
They can't even keep track of their lies LMAO
I'm almost curious if that realty company up in Canada is legit. One of you guys should call and find out. Welder Dave?? You're up......
Husong, eh? That white boy sure as anything isn't Asian. Ahmed Jabad sure looks a lot more like a Jon Baker sort of guy than anybody in Pakistan.
Makes a guy wonder how long this scam has been running, and how many people have been snookered already. I see ads similar on the local Craigslist for insane deals and "WE SHIP NATION WIDE". I just skip over those ads. If it looks too good to be true, it is.
Meh, for some reason this thread is raising my blood pressure, need to hunt some scumbags down and slap them with a bat.
Couple years ago 2 fellers at feed mill I worked got snookered on a couple of Ag tractors. Site was hijacked from defunct equipment dealer. No phone # only web address, no paypal, checks,or credit cards, certified check only sent to citibank in NYC. Day before delivery transport "got into wreck" tractor totaled will contact soon. Shortly after site was flagged by BBB and FBI. Scumbags from Iceland behind that caper. If it sounds too good to be true.........
That's sorta what happened to guy I know he got a tracking number and it stopped in Ohio. I'm assuming it was a legit number and that it was going
Site was down for a bit.....
. . . . . .
I'm willing to bet whoever is running this scam started out with real estate scams and graduated to equipment. That's why all the fake people are realtors.