Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1 1/2″ fuel filter base

rdr ยท 2017-08-07 19:05

I hope this is the right place to ask this ?. setting up a fuel truck need a filter set the ones we are using are now $450. us is there a cheaper one out there [we are using 2 mioncron filters in ours ] thanks ron

Replies11
  1. #1kshansen2017-08-07 19:57

    A little more info or maybe even a picture would help someone give you useful information. Like is the 1 1/2" the pipe thread size on the filter head? What does this filter supply fuel to? How many gallons per minute do you need to pump/filter. Maybe even a make and part number of the ones you are using now?

  2. #2Junkyard2017-08-07 20:11

    2 micron on a fuel truck seems awful tight to me....on the engine as a secondary I can see it. 1-1/2" as in inlet and outlet? Good lord $450? How long they last?

  3. #3lantraxco2017-08-07 22:07

    Don't know if it's legal, but in the past I used standard hydraulic filter heads and spin on filters, Zinga is good you can get 3 micron. I used to run two in series, the first was a 10 micron "Aqua-Zorb" to trap water and then a 3 micron synthetic media, both set to no bypass, the pumps we used would deadhead without a problem so when the filter clogged up fuel would just stop flowing. http://www.zinga.com/

  4. #4rdr2017-08-07 23:06

    sorry 1 1/2 " pipe thread for fuel on mobil truck [ use cim-tek centurion ii filters on other pumps ] ron

  5. #5rdr2017-08-07 23:07
  6. #6rdr2017-08-07 23:08

    60 gpm 50psi

  7. #7lantraxco2017-08-07 23:23

    The setup I mentioned, two hydraulic filter heads, two spin on filters, 80GPM at 200 psi max, you could get the pieces for about $150 plus shipping. Replacement filters run $35-$40 typically. Racor was always the gold standard on the tugs I worked if you have to have something mainstream though.

  8. #8rdr2017-08-08 19:20

    thanks I will look in to the racor as it will be handle the psi and gpm and the price is good don't care about legal

  9. #9Junkyard2017-08-08 19:23

    Lantraxco went where I was headed. Should work out well once you source the parts.

  10. #10rdr2017-08-08 19:58

    junkyard there is a dealer in Tulsa next time I go to kencool sorry [wb ] to get ac supplys I will check them . as of late I just have them ship up to us thanks ron

  11. #11rdr2017-08-11 16:57

    lantraxco thanks for the tip napa got me the parts all done for $ 87.00 base and filter