Post you pictures of 1:50th scale logging machines and dioramas here! I would upload pictures if my images were smaller but rather visit the first link in my signature below for my youtube channel! Thanks for posting, can't wait to see some dioramas and equipment!
heres a link to my Photobucket album. http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/416shooter/1-50 scale/
I have alot of the same 1:50 scale you guys do, but I more enjoy the big 1:25 scale, and have been modeling that way for 30+ years. Lots of yarders and other goodies. Here's a link to my photobucket file with a third or so of the models in it. I'll keep adding all the time.... I have literally hundreds of these models. I have alot of custom 1:16 scale logging as well, mostly All-Amercan, Doepke, etc. http://s964.photobucket.com/albums/...el Equipment Collections/?albumview=slideshow
love the skagit looks clean and sleck:notworthy
Thanks HCF AND CL! Thanks for the posts! CL, those are so very cool! And HCF, all the models you show in your dio are the ones I have on my wish list. Very cool! Means a lot that you guys posted! HCF, can you tell me more about your diorama? I am so fascinated and I really want that same Peterbilt, do you recommend it? I also really want the D51ex, can you tell me about it?? Can you give me some pointers on logging dioramas? And check out the first linkl on my signature and watch the latest logging stop motion that i made. And HCF, ever thought of making a youtube account for all these models, there are a lot of us that have account just for these thing. Thanks guys! CL=:notworthy HCF=:notworthy
Mountain man, I actually just started out with a piece of plywood and some dirt from the garden. For the road I scraped some rock dirt off the crummy and mixed it up like cement. Poured it in there drove some models around in it and waited (like 2 weeks) for it to dry out. Pretty unconventional in the model world I guess. The grass is real grass. The komatsu is an awesome model. I would suggest getting one. The Pete lowboy is also a good model. I think first gear is lacking in their 5th wheel arrangement but, overall it's great. If you go to some of the other pages in the forestry section of this forum there are some great pics and videos to get you started with ideas. Actually, CL has posted tons and tons of awesome pics on there. I think I will be working on the dio tomorrow after work. I have recently gotten into the scale biomass business and have a huge mass of saw dust right now. Oh. Sift your dirt if you're going to use natrual soil. It compacts more evenly when wet and scales down pretty nicely. I will be putting up some more pics every now and then. Send me a PM and I'll shoot you an e-mail.
Thanks for the info! I have to get a sifter, or make one, but a problem here is that as soon as the dirt gets wet it sticks like gum, so i have too keep it dry, i compact it by wetting it and letting it dry for a bit then packing it. i am buying a Pete like that one, but green/brown, I like the lift axle, but I will keep it down all the time as i am not used to seeing them from up here in northern alberta. I am probably going to buy a Norscot Cat D6T XW, or the Komatsu you have. I am already a big fan of CL, I have seen most of his threads many of times. I might do the real grass idea, but it's winter and 2 ft of snow makes it hard and I'll get the seed for it when i do spring yard stuff. Check out my youtube channel, i have dio stuff on there, and other things too. i wish some model maker would suck it up and make a log truck, I would buy that in a hurry. Or even a yarder! Thanks for the post, keep them coming, i will get on that pm right away!
cl, where did you get the 8h models. ive been looking for one to modify into a roadbuilder setup. ive already got the 330 with a jewell clamshell and guarding package, i just need the cat to go with it. thanks
Here's a couple of the 330DL road builder I'm working on. Pretty fun project. http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/416shooter/1-50 scale/0bef1eb9.jpg One while it was being built. http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/416shooter/1-50 scale/cba8b427.jpg
Anybody know of 1:50 scale models of log yarders available for purchase? I could live with other scales also. Most interested in smaller yarders such as Madill 071. Would also be interested in older models or donkeys on sleds. Koller models would be great also. Have a pretty good collection of ground based logging and road building machinery, but hard to fing cable yarding scale models.
New guy and my logging models Hey everybody I'm a new guy here. I have a pretty good collection of logging/forestry models (50 or so) Mostly 1:50 with some 1:32. I have some custom log trucks and 1:32 John Deere skidder with custom duals I like to so yall. But I guess I have to make so many post before I can post pics? Thanks Sawmiller
Welcome sawmiller. I think you have to get 5 posts before you can post pics.
Thanks for the welcome HCF!
My logging models Hey guys here's mine.