Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1/50th beavertail

JD4020 ยท 2008-12-06 22:41

I decided I should be making a beavertail for my backhoes, and to take delivery of my new Cat 920 D). I dont have a truck to pull it yet, but I figured i could start the trailer. Im making it out of wood, and Ill glue some styrrene strips to the sides, to over up the wood base. I have the trailer made, and scored lines in it for the deck. Looks like i may have made it a little short though. Heres how its comming.

Replies7
  1. #1JD40202008-12-06 23:58

    Looks like I made the beavertail a little short, and its a little too tall. I will need to take out a little on the bottom, so the wheels will sit inside it a little. As it sits righ now, most everything would bottom out going up it.

  2. #2jlm3352008-12-07 09:58

    I would like a trailer like that, but I cant find one and I am not the best at making stuff like that, although I havent tried before.. Why not build some ramps for the trailer? What do you plan on doing for a hitch?

  3. #3JD40202008-12-07 11:08

    I am going to build ramps, but unless its a mile long, evertyhing will bottom out going up. For the hitch, Im going to get as close as I can to a pintle type hitch as I can.

  4. #4JD40202008-12-07 21:35

    Other than ramps, Im all done. Its not what I wanted exactly, but its great. the baeavertail is too steep, and the back sits too close to the ground, probably less than a scale foot. Like I said, its not perfect, but I cant complain. What do you think? I still need to fill in the nail holes also.

  5. #5curly2008-12-07 22:21

    Looks really nice,are those Popsicle sticks for the trailer deck?

  6. #6JD40202008-12-07 22:38

    Nope, its just a piece of plywood, with lines scored into it.

  7. #7jlm3352008-12-08 14:49

    How long is it actually?