Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Joal Cat 920

JD4020 ยท 2008-12-06 16:02

Anybody own one? I saw one at a hobby shop today, and REALLY want one, but they are going for LOTS of money. Id love to buy one and modify the cab into one of the other configurations.

Replies11
  1. #1stretch2008-12-06 18:11

    What scale is it? NZG had an older-style cabless one in HO.

  2. #2JD40202008-12-06 18:30

    I saw one made by Joal. But the one at the store had a broken piston on it. And it was $28 so I didnt want to spend the money on it.

  3. #3JD40202008-12-06 18:52

    I just bought the cab-less model on ebay for $15 including shipping.

  4. #4JD40202008-12-06 19:35

    Here is a picture of the real thing, with the cab I want to build for it.

  5. #5stretch2008-12-06 19:43

    Good to hear you got a good deal off of eBay. I wouldn't pay $28 for a used one, I think the new NZG one was cheaper. Which scale was the Joal in?

  6. #6JD40202008-12-06 20:28

    1/50th. Never knew NZG made one.

  7. #7cat345bl2008-12-07 18:31

    I have a 920 by joal,i keep it in the package now,its a good model,i rember 2 weeks ago or so,a farmtoys dealer was selling it for 10$ new in the box,it was a good,deal,i was gonna get anotehr one but thet sold out of it,pictures of mine in the box,and compared to my 953.

  8. #8alan627b2008-12-07 19:20

    The cab equipped version was also sold in 1/50 by Gescha/Conrad years ago, they sell for even more than the Joal version. I think they were made from the same molds. I think Joal still sells the 920 under the Compact name, they just changed the paint color slightly and don't put Cat decals on it anymore. alan627b

  9. #9alan627b2008-12-10 00:44

    Want one for $9, brand new? here's the link..... http://www.outbacktoystore.com/Details.asp?Product=20965

  10. #10JD40202008-12-10 17:06

    Didnt somebody just give me that link over on DHS? :waving:waving

  11. #11alan627b2008-12-10 20:42

    Yup. ME.