so much for castiron. this happend 7:30 monday. nice way to start the week off.
Wow dude, I've never seen one of those do that! What was the operation when it snapped?
was just unlatching it . i pushed the lever forword and boom!!! as you can see if it would of unlatched it would be on the ground
Heck I have broke a tooth and a corner off my 2 ft. bucket beating rock but never saw a Case break like that. Seen a lot of Cat booms break , but never Case.
this 590 usually has a 2000 pound braker on it. love the 5 yr warranty thank you case
So, it's covered by warranty?
yes thank god
$10,500 new $6,500 used
Well, that's good news indeed! I certainly don't know all the circumstances, but I think I'd consider not using that hammer. I can't say that was the cause of this, maybe it was a defect in casting, but I have never seen one of their ductile booms break like that, so something is curious. That ductile boom is a very strong piece of iron. Ductile iron is more flexible than standard "cast iron", which is brittle and prone to cracks under flexing loads. What did Case have to say about it?
we have Falcon Power .we passed the pre approval . if it was the hammer . thay should not sell that size hammer for or with the hoe .
lucky the operator wasn't having that boom cyl for breakfast !!! never seen one go like that ever - have seen minor cracking on swing tower - eyes where boom cyl mounts, worst ever seen was a boom snap the end off one side only, due to dipper pivot pin coming out & swinging with a full 3' mud bucket. very surprised about warranty - is that a 590SM series 2 or 3 - how many hours?
series 2 2500 hours, 4 years old
We have had three 590 booms fracture....not to that degree lucky the operators caught it before it got to that point.
thats the ductile iron for ya,
I have never seen a case boom break, wow. Seen a cat boom break. Heard plenty of stories bout cats breakin. Seen many welded booms on old deeres, fords, and NH's, but never a broken case boom.
Case Booms "May" have heard of this before. Why do you think they have that warranty?
Anything will break, but that is the first Case boom I have seen broken. Now it looks like there have been a few, but nothing has a record for broken booms and dippersticks like a Cat hoe.
How many ductile booms would there be in the world ???? Tens of thousands ? Guess a few broken ones are bound to happen - hardly even amounts to a percentage....... But, when they do go, they certainly go with a bang!
FIrst Case boom I have ever seen break also. I have seen 1 cat boom break.
I took a good look at the boom on the M I run today. Got a little nervous seein that picture.