Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Front mounted hydraulic pump

CaribooHarry ยท 2009-11-07 08:25

I have a Char-Lynn 10 gpm hydraulic pump which I would like to front mount and run off the front of the crankshaft of either a Fordson Dexta (gas) or a Ferguson TEA-20. What is accepted practice and parts requirements for such installation? The pump has a 1 inch keyed shaft to which I envision attaching a flexible coupling and running a shaft to the crankcase pulley. I need guidance on the connection of that shaft to the crankcase pulley and whatever other wisdom you have to offer. Thanks?

Replies2
  1. #1willie592009-11-07 10:07

    There may be a PTO adapter for the crank pulley of your engine available from the mfg. But you could also make one. As long as you have room to fit the components in front of the engine, have a machinest make you a plate that will bolt to the crank pulley with a round keyed shaft like the pump. Then join the pump to the crank using something like a Lovejoy coupler. The L type and C type work well for pump applications. http://www.lovejoy-inc.com/products/jaw-type-couplings.aspx

  2. #2pvdh2862009-11-07 18:19

    frt pump I just did the same thing on a ih, there could be a small plate that holds the harmanic bal, to the crank, if so have a machine shop make a shaft idenical plate and bolt it ti the crank, I used a love joy and a pillow block to the pump, make sure you know the rotation, pete wi.