I started going 10,000 miles between oil changes on late model pickups. I use mobile 1 with k and n oil filter. Oil sample through caterpillar. Some of trucks got 150k on them and every sample has came back good. There is nearly no grease fittings anymore and we roatate every 10k, so it's saving a little money and keeping the trucks on the road. I tried to extend equipment to 500 hours several times with no luck. Most times soot levels get to high. Has any other companies extended pickups out this far or farther?
Extending pickups to 10k is very acceptable in my book, specially if your using a synthetic (pao) oil, mobil 1 is not by the way. For 500 hr drain interval you'll need a higher tbn oil, with oil sampling of course.
The duramax is very easy on oil and can easy go 10k. I've gone 16k on Dino oil and still gotten good UOAs back from the lab. The Dmax has been out since 01 so it's pretty proven too.
I've also switched to 10,000 mile intervals on mine using Mobil 1.I like the fact I'm not changing the oil everytime I turn around
Been running Mobil 1 for about 10 years on multiple pickups with no trouble.
My new Kenworth t370 says to change the oil every 15,000 miles! I pulled a sample at 7500 miles and it came back A-OK so i ran it to 15000 miles which happened to be just over 500 hrs and that sample came back A-OK also. This made me a bit nervous at first especially since i do so much idling but i like the results.......TIO