Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Home made lube skid

nowing75 ยท 2014-11-12 15:19

Was looking at lube skids and could not believe the prices. My fuel supplier got the pumps and reels at cost for me. Use 55 gal Polly tanks and 75 gall waste.

Replies12
  1. #1nowing752014-11-12 15:21
  2. #2Mike L2014-11-12 17:16

    Nice! We priced them as well so no, I don't have one. Care to share the cost?

  3. #3overworked2014-11-12 17:21

    Very nice looking skid. Would you change anything on the next one?

  4. #4maddog2014-11-12 17:29

    Very nice

  5. #5nowing752014-11-12 18:41

    We need a bigger hose reel for the wast oil,but they are pricy so for now just a 25 foot piece will do. Not sure think $5000. We just used it for the first time yesterday so I'm sure we will make a few changes hear or there.

  6. #6CM19952014-11-12 20:44

    Nice job. What are the three products? Oil, hydraulic and coolant?

  7. #7lantraxco2014-11-12 21:42

    Are those white poly tanks petroleum rated and UV stabilized? Just curious.

  8. #8nowing752014-11-13 07:29

    We have cat 10w hydraulic and tractor hydraulic and 30w trans oil. Just use jugs for engine oil. Figured we don't use as much engine oil and trying to to get to big with the skid. No they are not uv rated but they will be covered. I have seen severl comerical units useing the same tanks.

  9. #9pburress2014-11-14 17:13

    Nice job

  10. #10Deeretracks2014-11-14 18:36

    Hopefully it works well for you. The dealership gave me a similar skid to use years ago, I found it to be more of a PITA than it was worth. The tanks weren't big enough to use on large services and by the time you made room in the truck, filled the tanks, and loaded it you were better off just using pails.

  11. #11WCR732017-03-18 19:01

    How's your homemade lube skid turning out? Anything you would do different? I'm looking at buying a skid, but prices are going to force me to build my own. I'm curious what pumps you used for the new oil, and what you used for the used oil.

  12. #12nowing752017-03-19 19:55

    So far has worked well. I added a 4th tank that mounts between the Frame. Lots of wasted space under there.