Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

100 Hough Dt-817 injector

caterpillarRy ยท 2013-04-11 20:37

A friend of my grandfather's has 2 100 houghs 1 with a 250 cummins and the other with a dt-817 that needs an injector so if anyone knows a website that may carry it or a place in the southern new england area that might have it it would be greatly appresiated if you would pass that info on to me.

Replies5
  1. #1Gooseidi2013-04-13 11:27

    Are you totally missing the injector or do you have a core that can be rebuilt?

  2. #2caterpillarRy2013-04-13 16:10

    He has the injector but I don't know if its rebuild able I was just told by my grandfather to look around for him and just see what I can do

  3. #32005kes20052013-04-14 21:39

    International Same engine as in TD25c's Try Brown International Services in Armstrong BC Canada MAsters at old Corn Binders M

  4. #4kshansen2013-04-20 15:19

    If you need a core I may have one. As I recall some of the DT817 engines had injectors that worked off the cam shaft like the Cummins while the newer ones used a Bosch injector pump and the injector was nothing more than a nozzle. If you can find out what type fuel system this engine has it would help determine if someone has one. We deal with D&W Diesel who has a location in Worcester, MA http://dwdiesel.com/locations/ I live very close to their corporate headquarters and have dealt with them since Doug was working out of a one car garage. They have always been good to us.

  5. #5caterpillarRy2013-04-22 20:03

    Sadly I can't tell you anything but what I've already said other than he was looking to get a used injector rather than a new or rebuilt one to keep costs down. He's kinda cheap so that's all she wrote.