Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

10054 Clark transmission with Spicer input flange

Captain Nemo ยท 2021-10-01 16:04

Anyone know what the Spicer number is for the input or output u joint flange (same)on the Clark transmission? Circa 1997. JLG quit selling them and the JLG number is no help. Skytrak number was 8033885

Replies9
  1. #1Midnightmoon2021-10-01 20:44

    What's wrong with the one you have? I know it's not great but i worked for a guy who has welded these to the shaft its sloppy. Go slow and use water to cool so you dont cook seals. if the ujoint side is sloppy you can shim weld just have to get everything tacked perfect first. Do you have model and serial of trans? Have you talked with a dealer? The newer ones have been updated to a new part number

  2. #2Captain Nemo2021-10-02 15:21

    Midnightmoon Jlg/Skytrak quit stocking the yoke. No help there. The stops for the u joint caps are worn. The shaft from the engine to the trans is high speed and is vibrating quite a bit at idle. I road the machine quite a bit and I am afraid that this excess vibrating will eat up the input shaft bearing. . Parts book says than a output flanges are the same. I found a machinist here in town that says he has Spicer books. I think that I will pull one off and do some measurements with him and see if we can get a.Spicer number. If it becomes unobtainable I will resort to welding and machining. Thanks for the suggestion s.

  3. #3Midnightmoon2021-10-02 15:34

    I can look up parts through transmission side if I had trans model and serial. . A machinist can easily fix the one you have

  4. #4Captain Nemo2021-10-03 13:33

    Midnight moon Clark 3 speed transmission 12.2 MHR 18363-3 S/N WBEA 435764 Skytrak part number for the whole transmission is 8841025 Got anything?

  5. #5Captain Nemo2021-10-04 12:34

    Midnightmoon Are these numbers any good for you?

  6. #6Captain Nemo2021-10-04 12:36

    Thanks for a reply midnightmoon

  7. #7icestationzebra2021-10-14 01:19

    Make sure the issue isn't with the coupling. I don't recall the specifics but Sky Trak had an issue with those coming apart and changed the design in the early 2000's.

  8. #8Captain Nemo2021-12-10 01:23

    I fixed the old yoke and found a used one too. I will check the flywheel coupling when I put it back together.

  9. #9Txhayseed2021-12-18 03:34

    Drive shaft shop could probably hook you up with what you need. Probably put a new flange on and or hook you up with a u joint and or conversation I joint.