Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat T70D Forklift with metal chunk found under it.

rcecarbldr ยท 2021-10-01 11:00

I bought this lift a year and a half ago. The S/N is 5KB04258 which I can't seem to find anywhere. Anyways I found this chunk of metal under it covered in grease yesterday but it's not the first one. 3 in total since I got this lift. I took the front wheels off and drums/brakes are perfect. Anyone have a clue what this could be?

Replies3
  1. #1Delmer2021-10-01 11:23

    It could have been hanging out there since you bought it. If it didn't come off the forklift carriage, I bet it's not from the drivetrain or engine, so that leaves the former owner. Did they handle any scrap?

  2. #2rcecarbldr2021-10-01 12:22

    They guy I got it from used it like 2 times he said and then parked it because his welding shop was mostly dirt around it and it would get stuck so he bought one designed for driving offroad. This only has a little over 1800 hours on it and overall is in great shape. No grinding sounds or anything that would concern me but this is the 3rd chunk I've found. I completely pressure washed the underside the best I could so I could better see anything abnormal but can't so far.

  3. #3rcecarbldr2021-10-02 13:07

    I discovered what it is. The lowest carriage bearings are toast. Anyone know what part # they might be?