I bought this for our Rod & Gun Club to help maintain our 1/2 mile gravel driveway. The horse drawn gear was broken and or missing so we configured the front with a short tongue and a spinner wheel off an old sickle mower. She works pretty darned well - and me - I am not an operator, What I know about grading I learned in the first pass down the driveway. I can find the date 1906 on it, but not a Mfg plate or name. There is a C encompassing an H logo on a couple of the Castings, but I am not sure of any one that made pull graders by the initials CH. Any help?
We'll try this without the link....
pulling in the edges here. Being pulled and being overall pretty light on some hard packed class 5, I had to take little bites.
nice!!!.....love seenin' old stuff live again!!!
No safety chain...tsk tsk tsk
That's really neat. I'd like to have a go at that myself.
I glad its being used and not scrap. Do both control wheels have different purposes or are they different sides of the same function? Any way nice find.
Nice job 10 spot -_- I have been working on an Adams road patrol grader about about that size.
Thats really awesome.I`ve seen a few of em over the years but all sat in front of large construction company offices as museum pieces so to speak. Odell Geer Construction which was huge at one time here in central Texas had a fully restored one in front of his main office. Never have seen one at work behind a horse and much less a truck but that is a real treat to see.Gonna show this pic to some of my operators,they`ll enjoy it. Thanks and glad to see yall keep a piece of history at work.
excellent. good thinking on the front wheel, quick and easy. also like the pull vehicle, riding in style, LOL thansk KoO Published Author
they need 1 of these to pull it with.....
Same function opposite sides. We had just gotten a 100th's of rain, but it was really dry, we are having our dryest May in 65 years so the stuff is pretty hard. We are supposed to get a storm tonight, I hope to grade some more tommorrow after things get a soaking. You would be surprised, there was one time I went the wrong way on the wheels while we were going beside and existing ditch and it stopped that Excursion in 4 low, and it weighs 8000 lbs!
cool