Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat Grader

Steve Frazier ยท 2009-05-31 00:27

I spotted this old Cat on a recent trip and took a few shots. It has a 3 cylinder diesel with a pony motor to start. The ID plate had too much paint on it to be legible, can anyone identify this machine?

Replies9
  1. #1oldirt2009-06-14 10:43

    a knucklebuster I have never heard of, especially the 3 cyl. version of the old D7-8 motor.

  2. #295zIV2009-06-14 12:09

    Steve it's a no 10:

  3. #3Steve Frazier2009-06-14 15:57

    Thanks for the help!! Any idea on when it might have been manufactured?

  4. #495zIV2009-06-14 16:22

    Here you go: http://www.acmoc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=35&limit=1&limitstart=10 It's a list pretty far down on the screen. Just to let you know Northart has one of these in his yard. The pictures I took came from the Alaska transportation museum.

  5. #5amunderdog2009-06-14 18:33

    Nice read. thanks Diesel No. 10 Auto Patrol 1936 - 1940 http://www.allbusiness.com/construction/heavy-civil-construction-road-bridge/6292782-1.html

  6. #6willie592009-06-14 22:26

    Am I seeing those pics right, does that thing have wood window frames?

  7. #795zIV2009-06-15 07:09

    Yeah those are wood.

  8. #8CAT D9H2009-06-15 16:30

    wow thats an old piece of history , nice pics, did it look like it had been run lately?

  9. #9willie592009-06-15 20:31

    Well shut my mouth! Back in the days when carpenters helped build heavy equipment. Now that's old!