Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

10k D6c Equalizer bar/rubber pads?

J.L. ยท 2020-07-11 23:45

My father recently bought a D6c 10k062xx dozer and I'm fixing a few things for him. The equalizer bar supports were broke up and the some of the 5/8" bolts that hold them on were broke off along with all the rubber pads being in sad shape. I removed both supports along with the equalizer bar to give me access with a mag drill to drill out the support to roller frame bolts. I'm going back together with new aftermarket itr brand supports/lower supports that the pads sit in/pads/L shaped piece that sits in between the pads/and the half round shaped piece with the spikes that the bar rides/wears on so basically everything on the outer ends of the equalizer bar. My question is- Is it normal to have to use the bolts to pull the support down tight to the roller frame? I have all the parts in the right position and have the pads oriented correctly according to the parts manual and the support is sitting approx. 3/4" up off the roller frame and I quit for the day. I've never worked on these before and am always hesitant to pull things together using the bolts. Thank you for any information.

Replies1
  1. #1dozr2020-07-15 17:15

    they pre load a little to hold in dont rember how much about like mack spring pads