Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1150c tracks

davecampbell ยท 2019-03-20 22:17

I bought an 1150C in Louisiana that needs rails sprockets and adjusters. The cleets are so worn on the grousers that I would like to replace those as well. The machine is old and I cant see putting $10,000 into it. Can I get enough life out of an aftermarket set of tracks to make that a decent alternative for this machine?

Replies5
  1. #1Welder Dave2019-03-20 22:58

    What are the rollers and idlers like? I think even aftermarket you could be close to 10K.

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2019-03-22 08:00

    Welder Dave is right even aftermarket tracks and rollers are going to run you 8 to 10 grand. But if rollers look ok then look at replacing sprockets and chain then weld new bars for grousers onto pads. The track adjusters can be rebuilt instead of replacing the whole thing.

  3. #3davecampbell2019-03-22 20:27

    still have to clean the rest of the mud and inspect rollers, but idlers look good.

  4. #4davecampbell2019-03-22 20:39

    I got a $7,809.38 quote that looks good. No grousers but it has rollers that I probably wont need.

  5. #5Welder Dave2019-03-24 01:50

    One thing you want to consider is having the supplier or a track shop install the pads on the new rails. A lot of people have just used an impact wrench but the proper way is to use the torque turn method to get the proper torque. It's quite time consuming but you don't want the pads coming loose.