Hopefully this thread garners a little more attention then the last two. I’m really looking for some solid input from you guys. The time has come to do a few things around the house that require a larger machine. As a buy and sell machines on the side as a hobby, I’m looking for a larger machine then I typically deal with (usually 80 size is the limit) because frankly there isn’t one around now to use and flip. (Should have kept my tb175 longer). Anyway my buddy has a Kobelco 115dzr with I believe a geith hydraulic coupler, psm hydraulic thumb, 2 and 4 foot Hendricks buckets. Both need teeth but have been hard surfaced. Machine I believe is around 9500 hours. I’m going to run the case again tomorrow then go look at the Kobelco. Off hand I know the Kobelco has one newer final drive, but the swing brake likes to drift and boom has been welded. I’ll report back with my findings after I run the case. Then the Kobelco with serial on both. The case is a 9020b, unsure of year, I’ll have to hunt down the serial number, but it has a CNH hydraulic coupler, WBM main pin mount hydraulic thumb, and will be auctioned off with a, I believe 42” digging bucket. Machine has 8900 hours, seems tight, minimal play in the swing bearing, no welds that I saw (I’ll look again) tracks straight, cycle time on the boom and stick seems slower then I’m used to(work mode didn’t seem to change this) minimal blow by, swing brake seems to work good, as does the free swing function. I’m headed back to try to work the finals and hydraulics a little harder, and check out the rest of the cab electronics. A couple questions. I keep seeing these 9020b’s have more then one tracking speed, how does one activate that? Where are the heater controls? All I see is the fan speeds. Anything else to look for on this machine? And dammit, is there anyway to get rid of that funky glazing after age that seems to be on all the older case machines? How about the Kobelco? Sorry for the long winded post, usually I have no problem deciding if I want a machine, but this size of machine is something new to me. I don’t want stuck with a dud I can’t sell after I’m done. Or a problematic machine nobody wants.
Sorry guys, I meant 115 dz not 115dzr
Hi-Lo switch on the Case is a button on the floor.
Case and LinkBelt are both built by Sumitumo and the B model Cases seem to be good old machines. Kobelco also builds a good machine, a 115DZ has a blade on it, right? Does either brand have a dealer in the area? When you have 2 good brands alot of the time it comes down to how easy parts/service are to get.
Bothe of these machines are good machines the 9020b like excavator said is a sumitumo machine and of course has the Case CDC engine in (some call it a Cummins) 6T430 with intercooler. I'm not familiar with the Kobelco machine. The heater control is on the left console and has a button that controls the temp, fan must be on when adjusting temp. The speed control button looks like an old time dimmer switch in the floor on left side next to pedal.
After a little bit of research this machine didn’t have any controls other then fan, so no frills. I didn’t get a chance to look for the speed knob, as luck would have it it went more then I was looking to spend. Well the machine sold for more then I was looking to spend so I’m going to take a hard look at my buddies Kobelco. As far as dealer support, in a 3 mile stretch I have case, Takeuchi, link belt, bobcat, Liebherr, new holland, Kobelco and a little further down the road Deere. Volvo and hitachi about half an hour away. The 115 does have a blade.