Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD200CLC

southernman13 · 2019-04-19 13:33

may have bad Hitachi main pump. HPV 102GW-RH23A had deal check it out. 3500 psi. Relief valve all the way in. Said could have broken spring. Purchased used machine. No pump noise or metal showing in any filters anywhere. Weak drive and will barely lift the tracks off ground. If you hit boom out while trying to lift tracks off ground it will jump and lift tracks with ease. Dealer talking about replacing main relief valve and checking pump pressure. Pump rebuildable or worth rebuilding. Etc. thanks

Replies20
  1. #1uffex2019-04-19 14:17

    Good day All main pumps are serviceable today small gear wheel pumps are considered as consumables by the industry today, not sure regarding your problem but I assume you are talking arm out and not boom (The cyiinders that raise and lower) Kind regards uffex

  2. #2southernman132019-04-19 14:49

    Yes if u extend the arm out while trying to lift the tracks it will lift the tracks very easy. So your saying the main hydraulic pump is easily rebuilt by a competent hydraulic shop ? John Deere want 19K for a reman. That won’t work lol

  3. #3uffex2019-04-19 15:53

    Good day Southernman13 Yes main pumps are worthwhile to rebuild but I would suggest that in many case's the wrong diagnostics may cost and not achieve so much, normally pumps last 10000 hrs. + pressures do not adjust themselves so please be sure you are spending money in the correct direction, from your description it does not sound so serious ,may I recommend you get some experienced guy to help out. There are many good guys contributing on the forum that you can ask, we are able to help at a distance but I guess you are looking for direct help. It is possible that if you have basic mechanical knowledge and you study the information you will be able to carry out the repairs much is in your hands how far you are prepared to go. I hope you find this helpful Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4tool_king2019-04-19 18:26

    If you need the books with specs I can email you those .

  5. #5southernman132019-04-19 19:10

    Thanks for the replies. Yes I absolutely understand the wrong diagnosis could be very costly. It appears someone cranked the pressure relief all the way in to gain pressure. This is according to the John Deere service tech. I just don’t understand how stroking the arm out function while lifting the undercarriage makes it operate like it has very good pressure. It seems if the pump can supply the needed pressure when operating this way that the pump is good and the problem is elsewhere but I don’t know this to be the case. I absolutely don’t want to buy a pump if not necessary. Like said we changed all hyd filters and cleaned strainer nothing looked bad or contaminated. This machine has 11000 hrs. Everything works very well and it hasn’t been butchered. Very nice and straight machine. I’m very mechanically inclined. I’m a very good at troubleshooting and I’m not a parts changer. Usually not much I can’t fix. I don’t have diagnostic tools or the ability to hook up a laptop. I can check voltages with a meter. I won’t be able to talk with the service manager from JD until Monday at this point.

  6. #6southernman132019-04-19 19:19

    Yes the specs would be appreciated. I have someone that may be able to help me. Thank you. [email protected]

  7. #7rondig2019-04-19 21:35

    Could be a.pilot pressure issue...stick is stroking pump and boom is not

  8. #8tool_king2019-04-19 23:00

    Books were emailed to you.

  9. #9southernman132019-04-20 03:17

    Thank you sir

  10. #10uffex2019-04-20 04:58

    Good day I suggest you get a full pressure check made on your machine that will certainly help trouble shooting the problem. Kind regards Ufffex

  11. #11mg23612019-04-20 05:22

    Everything slow and/or weak, some of the functions slow and/or weak or just the boom circuit?

  12. #12southernman132019-04-20 05:46

    Everything slow and weak.

  13. #13mg23612019-04-20 06:16

    Not likely both pumps failed at the same time. It would be interesting to know what were all the checks the Deere tech made. I would be looking at something common to the two pumps....suction side, pilot circuit, system relief. You need to have a thorough going over the system with pressure tests as well as a pump flow test.

  14. #14southernman132019-04-20 06:29

    Tenfo. Hopefully I’ll get all the info from the Deere service manager on Monday. Im hopping it’s a much simpler and easier on the wallet fix than replacing a pump.

  15. #15Lau2019-04-20 09:04

    Hi man First don’t try other movement Try the final drive left and right .if slow or powerless? If final drive left and right work normally .it is the MCV problem

  16. #16southernman132019-04-20 09:52

    If operating the tracks individually they operate slowly

  17. #17Lau2019-04-20 10:37

    Only slow ? is the power enough? As you described the pump can supply the enough pressure .i think the main control valve is broken

  18. #18southernman132019-04-20 11:25

    Not a lot of power really. It walks slow and fast speed but won’t turn very well. It takes full throttle to make it move. Just seems to me he pump has the ability to put out more pressure when called for. It’s like the functions are not calling for it properly. IDK

  19. #19Lau2019-04-20 12:34

    Yes I see what you saying The control valve can’t work well

  20. #20southernman132019-04-23 05:24

    Should find out this morning what the issue is. Friend says they’ve had issues with machines they’ve had pumps rebuilt on. Never could seem to get them adjusted correctly and due to being set back to oem specs blew lots of hoses. Idk. They replace now with factory rebuilt pumps. At 19k from Deere we’re definitely not going that route