I am in the market for a used excavator (12,000 lb). I sold a kx040 that ran a mower fairly well. It would track and mow fine. Good machine just need longer reach. I am just saw that the newer KX057 won't track and mow!? I was looking at a 2024 KX057, not now. Does anyone know what other brands will track and mow in the 12k class?
Buy new excavator and have your wife mow with a new comfy rider.
Sorry vetech63, too many creek banks. But thanx for the guidance
A little to bottom heavy for me......don't have to worry about her tipping over on the side of a hill though
I think to really be sure of what your buying you would have to rent or demo a machine and mow with it to see how it will perform. Some things that I think matter are, finding a machine with a second aux line. If you only have one, and you have thumb which most do, the psi is set to allow the thumb to give against the bucket. Works fine until you hook a hyd cutting attachment on the end of it and yiou would like to get your PSI back. Having the second aux allows for you to set the psi just for just such things without the thumb gettting in the way, since that is on the first aux line. Typcally higher hp helps, and multiple pumps seems at least in my opinion to perform multifunctioning better than a single pump does. However, at the end of the day, the only way to be sure of what your buying is to hang a mower off the end of it and see what you think. Its not one of those things I would take anyone elses word for.